| [[File:Pure Imagination Eric Reed.jpg|250px]]|
Pure Imagination is a 1998 album by jazz pianist Eric Reed released through Impulse! Records. This album contains reinterpretations (remakes) of traditional pop songs from classic Broadway and Hollywood productions such as Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Porgy and Bess, A Little Night Music among others. Pure Imagination has peaked at #8 on Billboard's Top Jazz Album charts. All songs are written by famous songwriters of said productions except for the opening and closing tracks composed by Reed himself.
- "Maria" (Leonard Bernstein, Richard Rodgers, & Stephen Sondheim)
- "Hello, Young Lovers" (Rodgers and Hammerstein)
- "Pure Imagination" (Leslie Bricusse, & Anthony Newley)
- "42nd Street" (Harry Warren & Al Dubin)
- "Send in the Clowns" (Stephen Sondheim)
- "My Man's Gone Now/Gone, Gone, Gone" (DuBose Heyward, George, & Ira Gershwin)
- "Nice Work If You Can Get It" (George & Ira Gershwin)
- "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Rodgers and Hammerstein)
- "I Got Rhythm" (George & Ira Gershwin)
- "Finale (Last Trip)"
Although lyrics were written for the songs from tracks 2 to 10, these are instrumental recordings.
- Eric Reed – Piano
- Brian Bromberg – Bass
- Reginald Veal - Bass
- Gregory Hutchinson - Drums
- Tommy LiPuma – Producer